Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fostering Love

The older I get the more I seem to have those "what am I doing" moments! Our home had a complete turn around from a 5 minute phone call on Friday afternoon. Just 4 hours later we were the appointed guardians of two beautiful babies (a boy and a girl) born on October 5th. WOW! I always dreamed of having twins but now it was becoming a reality! Not to mention, as I held them in the NICU, that was the easiest pregnancy I have ever had! For now we are their foster family and we hope to keep them for a long time. If they ever come up for adoption (only time will tell and the willingness of the mother to get her life in order) we will have the option to add them permanently to our family! We try to keep ourselves reserved to the fact that we may have to give them up someday, but for now these two babies will get a measure-full of love that will give them a good foundation for their new little lives! There is never too much love to go around in this family!

4 comments:

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

That is fabulous. Are you able to post pictures?

Hamilton Family said...

Sorry, can't post pictures on the net because of child protective services. So, you'll just have to imagine how cute they are!

linschwass said...

Thank you so much for letting me share in the love of your family and your new little boy...it was so fun just to hold him and love him...can't wait to see his little sister!!! Blankets are in the making...sort of a surprise so they will take a little time!!!Love you all.

Laurel said...

That is fantastic! Forrest told us about this on Sunday and I was so surprised, but so thrilled for you. You will give those babies a wonderful home for however long you have them (and secretly I hope that is a very long time!)