That infamous window that everyone thought was a "hole" into the garage is really a window to a secret "cave" off of the master bedroom. (Forrest is quite familiar with "the cave") Extending the loft gave us an extra 40 square feet.
We finally framed in the new door exiting out to the loft and hallway (it took half of the window away). The old entrance into the room was framed into a closet so we could have a legal and official bedroom.
The finished sheet rock on the loft extension. I just love the recessed lighting! We have changed out all of our 80's style brown doors to six panel high-gloss white. Wow, they look so much better and really dress up the interior of the house. (finger prints wipe off real easy, too!) We will reattach the rails just like they were across the front of the balcony. The boys are just dying to jump off the edge onto their mattresses below. Whenever they ask, the answer is always No, No, No!!!
As you can see we have been busy! We are so eager to get everything buttoned up and put back together. Once the taping, mudding and texturing is done we will paint. Then we'll get the carpet laid, light fixtures in, electrical hooked up and the boys back into their room. I'm cleaning and weeding out all of the stuff that accumulates over the years. It will be so nice to have a place for everything and everything in it's place! Plus, we'll be already for the reunion next summer!
2 comments:
Wow! It looks great. I love the doors too. It really does make it look so nice. Amazing what the little things can do. I bet Forrest is jealous you are doing this now that he moved out.
Wow, you've done a lot of work and it looks so nice. It'll be soooo nice when it done! I'll bet you've said to yourself, "Why didn't we do this way back when." I know the boys will just love being in their own bunk house.
You done well!
Love to All,
Mom/Grandma Dot
Post a Comment