Monday, August 31, 2009

We're expanding!

You know, it's that time in Alaska again....you, know....when you scramble to get all of your outside stuff done before the great white starts falling from the sky!? Well, we are still stuck INSIDE! We're adding a new room to the house.....kind of on a whim! In fact, we had a guy come look at it and hear out our idea and he happened to start the same day! Talk about fast! We didn't even have time to mull it over in bed that night to decide if we were crazy or not. Construction workers are affected a bit by the economy so they figure they better take what they can get! I'll have to post pictures of our progress a little later. Right now it is nearly midnight and Randy is rolling out insulation between the studs so we can be on time for the sheet rock hangers tomorrow. Everything in the house is either in the living room or in our bedroom. We have to do a flying leap over the end of our bed just to get into bed at night. Real graceful and SEXY, you know!? I wonder if our kid's teachers wonder why our kids look so sleepy in the mornings? Do you think they'd really believe me when I tell them "the kids helped us frame in the wall to their new bedroom last night?" Nah! At least now we will have a 4 bedroom house instead of three. I'm soooo excited to get things back where they belong! Then maybe I can start on the outside stuff! Everyone pray for a late winter!

2 comments:

Erin said...

That was fast. How exciting to have new space in your house. Can't wait to see pictures.

desert mom said...

YEA!!! Good news!!! Send on the pictures.
Love to All