Randy got in Sunday morning from driving the "infamous" Alaska highway. Took him nearly 8 days from Salt Lake City, which is average. He gets a high five for doing it solo! None-the-less, I have a car dripping with dirt sitting in my driveway. Doesn't really matter though, cause the original color of the car is "dirt" anyway! I don't like the color and walked away from our original test drive saying I wouldn't buy it BECAUSE of the color.....I call it "Poop Brown". Anyway....... I looked at the sad thing and decided to take it down to the car wash for a bath. I grabbed a hand full of quarters from my laundry stash, scooped up Bailey (the moving "octopus" legs freak her out!) and we were on the road for a car bath! I chose the pristine option.......$13.00. I began sticking my quarters in and all of a sudden one of the quarters kept getting refused. Stubbornly, I kept putting it back in convinced that there was nothing wrong with it! I was going to MAKE the machine take my quarter! After a couple more "declines" I yelled "discriminator" and decided to keep the quarter and feed the machine a different one. Upon further inspection, I found the quarter to have the date of 1953. Hmmmmm, I then took another quarter and held it in one hand while I held my "declined" quarter in the other! Oh, what surprise and happiness!!! I quickly took my declined quarter and stuck it in the deep dark recesses of my pocket! No one was going to get this quarter! It was mine! Coin machines are so picky now-a-days that they decline perfectly good 1953 silver quarters! I drove back home in a perfectly clean, but still poop brown, car and plopped my silver coin in my cedar box with the other "declined" coins I have collected over the years! Boy, now that I think about it, that would have been one expensive car wash! I'm glad it was declined.....what a little blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment