Monday, September 22, 2008

Moving Out!

I'm kind of a little lost right now. I feel like a little kid who lost their security blanket and the world is surely ready to fall apart around them! Randy moved out yesterday! Yep, that's right, he just moved right on out of our traditional 5th row! He stood up, gave me a kiss, said goodbye to the kids and made his way up to the 1st row on the stand......right beside the Bishop! It was so all of a sudden that I'm still not sure what to do. Here I am left with five kids (two of which still don't get the idea of proper church etiquette) in a row all by myself to corral and temper the bubbly energy I call my children! Well, maybe now that I think about it, maybe it is a good thing. I only have to "shush" five instead of six. Whew! Maybe it will make sacrament meeting a bit easier. The stake president seems to think so anyway!
We're all pretty proud even though still a little shocked! Now we get to see "Daddy" straight on instead of from the side. And, he gets to count tithing again! (a job Jayden wants when he grows up!) Life will be a little lonely during tax season cause he'll be spending his "extra" time in his calling. But, we'll manage because the blessings of sharing and serving are well worth it!

3 comments:

desert mom said...

Congratulations Randy, I think. Really that's wonderful. Carolee, you and the family will be blessed each Sunday as you see Randy sitting on the stand next to the Bishop. "WOW"

My computer is at this moment getting a booster. It quit while Aunt Cynthia was here. Hope to be back in business tonight. I'm writing this from Dad's machine. Am so glad I read your blog and found out this great news.
Love to All

Laurel said...

Okay, that opening was a bit of a shocker! You can imagine my relief when I realized he'd just moved up to the stand. :0) However, my sympathies to you. I remember doing that with a 22 month old and a new baby. Not fun. Thank heavens you have Kaylin. My friend Nora was my saving grace. But I'm with your mom. Heaven blesses the willing.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Congratulations! That is a great calling. Your family will be totally blessed. You'll feel like you only have 1 kid instead of "6" during sacrament meeting.

If I remember right, Thomas was just called to be the stake executive secretary to their stake president so Laurel totally understands your feelings.

We're in nursery sooooo, well, we are getting off easy right now. We love it though. It is so much fun and I especially love the kids!