Most of the time we learn, especially in the Book of Mormon, that Pride is not exactly a positive state of being. Look what happened....first to the Lamanites and then once they had an attitude adjustment, the pride bug hit the Nephites. You'd think they'd learn!!! The more each group completes the cycle I can't help but want to jump in the book and knock a few heads around. I mean, look at them, they are blessed for their righteousness and then turn around and use the blessings for bad things! I have come to understand why our leaders tell us that the prophets of old wrote for the benefit of our day! And, if we can't keep our lives straight with all the examples we read about then we have reason to be "destroyed off the face of the Earth"!
That said, I am one Mom filled with A LOT of pride right now! Mind you, pride doesn't always have to be a negative thing! This pride is definately GOOD! Kaylin let me know this afternoon that she has to be to school by 7:30 AM every wednesday from now on until the end of the school year. Now......about the only thing I could think of was prying my eyes open a bit earlier once a week and having to DRIVE her to school and I wasn't too excited about that!!! Then she added the second half of the story. "Beeeeeecause.....I made honor orchestra!" Wow, was I proud of her! Just think, HONOR ORCHESTRA! There are definately times when we live through our kids especially when it comes to the things we wished we could have done! I am so darn proud of her, and that's the positive type of pride!
Miracles
9 years ago
3 comments:
Congratulations Kaylin! That is great! Good work!
Aw, that is fantastic! Congrats to Kaylin, and as my dad would say, "That's a paycheck, mom!"
Wow, that's worth getting up early for. Congratulations Kaylin!! I really know how proud you are Carolee and Randy. THAT IS A GOOD PRIDE.
Love to all!
Post a Comment