Saturday, August 30, 2008

Stinky Summers Reak!

I don't get it!!! We have had a stinky summer! Boy, do I mean STINKY! I told Randy a couple weeks ago that if next summer is like this one I'm packing up and leaving!!! He said, "why wait till next summer!" So, I've already got two rooms packed and I'm pooped! Ok, so I'm just kidding on the packing part! But, really, I'm sick of the last two summers we have had! You don't move to Alaska to have cruddy summers! The first two summers we lived here were pretty bad too. And, progressively each summer got better and better. So, I'm hoping we are in a 12 year cycle and next summer will begin to get better again. Hoping, hoping, hoping!!!
But, since I'm such an optimist that I make people sick.....let me tell you about today! It is absolutely beautiful outside! Sunny, warm, clear skies, low mosquito count......it goes on and on! Randy and I celebrated our 4th day of summer (we've had 3 whole other "summer" days since May) by getting outside and mowing the lawns over at the apartments. Exciting, huh! It was!!! I think I got at least 1 months dose of sunny vitamin D. It's amazing what vitamin D will do to your emotional well being! Now we're going to go and load up three cords of wood to help us get through Alaska's notorious winter (the reason why people move out of this frozen tundra). When we get back maybe we'll fire up the BBQ and have a nice cook-out and enjoy the evening as the sun closes the day!
Oh, if any of you are wondering about McCain's crazy pick for VP. Well, let me tell you that Sara Palin has done an excellent job running Alaska and I like her; she's feisty, has and lives by moral values, is committed to any job she is given, is concerned about the corruption and decline of America and pushes issues for the good of the people not the government. I have no doubt that she would do a 110% job in Washington! BUT, no one knows her! I'm sure all of you were scratching your head (or something else) when you heard her name and asked "who is she"! I think that one issue alone could cost McCain the election. Romney would have been a better choice but there are so many evangelicals out there who don't want a Mormon in the presidency. If McCain really wants to win the presidency he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. To Alaskans, Gov. Palin is a wise choice but there are 49 other states out there who have a lot more votes as to who becomes president! This is not going to be an easy election! Frankly, I'm a bit scared of the possible outcome!

3 comments:

desert mom said...

So sorry to hear about your stinky summer. If it will make you feel just a little bit better I think it's been less than great all over the Nation. So many tornadoes, floods, and other storms, And droughts too. We definitely are witnessing the prophecies of the last days coming true. With the rains of the last couple weeks we have seen the desert come alive. We actually see green all over. With the green comes more mosquitoes then we've ever had, flies too. All I can say is hold to the rod, better days will come.
Eternal Love to All

ps We are thrilled with McCain's choice. I think they are our only chance to remain One Nation Under God.

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Your weather in Alaska...Nathan would love it! I too would hate it, however, it beats the terrible storms, thunders, lightning and flooding here in the Phoenix valley.

Being optimistic also...and this will pass!

I finally added your family blog to mine. Keep in touch.

Karen

Laurel said...

You're not doing a great job advertising your beloved state with your comments on the weather! Our kids are dying to visit Alaska. In fact, Logan wrote an essay about it last week in school.

Sara Palin is certainly making a splash down here. So far it seems that the Republican party is pulling for her. Fingers crossed!