Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Not Me"!

Ok, I don't have much time to blog.....I'm busy organizing! Organizing is kind of like doing the dishes only on a much bigger scale! Have you noticed that once you get the dishwasher loaded, dry and put away the last "hand washed" dish and wipe down the counter one final time you turn around and see a sink half full with dishes again! When you ask around to see who "did it" you find out that invariably it was that "not me" person who lives, for free, in your house! Come to think about it......it's "not me" who fills the clothes hampers not a split second after you just emptied them and started the washer! And, let's talk about the milk or juice container. I can buy a brand new gallon and by the time the day is half over they are gone! Never fear, it's "not me" again!
Back to organizing! I'm trying to go through the kids clothes and get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit anymore. Plus, I've got bags, boxes and loose clothing that people have given us. So, I've thrown it all together and I'm weeding through it. I almost had the 0-3 yr. girl clothes done until Bailey found out what fun it is to tunnel through and toss all the neatly folded clothes around the room. She looked like a volcano erupting, spewing it's fiery ash wherever fate allowed it to fall! After organizing it into tidy folded, age appropriate piles once again, I made a huge mistake! I left her to the care of her brother while I ran a quick errand. The volcano erupted yet again! I've decided the cute little whirlwind can go naked until she is 4 years old when she can wear the clothes that are already boxed and organized cause I'm tossing the volcanic ash that now lies amongst everything else in my living room! And, when the law comes to my house and asks me who is letting this cute little child run naked I'll quickly exclaim, "Not Me"!!!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh, man! Can I relate? That is the most frustrating thing about the momma job. It is like a revolving door. You're never done and you never, ever get ahead. And you are doing the job I hate the most. Going through and getting rid of the clothes that no longer fit. I don't know why I hate it so bad, but I do.

desert mom said...

Oh, we had "not me" living at our house too. You know what "not me" is still here and will always be here I'm afraid.

Good luck on the sorting and organizing. One task I didn't like but when it was over I was happy. But guess what...it continues.
Love y'all