When I get some time I'm going to DO IT!!! I'm going to write a book titled "Perfect Primary Talks for Sharing Time". With the growth of the church and the number of wards throughout the world, I should be able to make a million or so...........even after I give back to the Lord his 10%!
This time it was Riley's turn!
Check Points
When mushers run the Iditarod they stop at check points along the trail (hold up a map with the different check points highlighted). These check points are important stopping places that provide the musher a chance to be ready to get to the next check point.
At check points mushers can:
Eat
Feed and care for their dogs
Get medical services
Rest and relax
Fix their sleds
Pick up supplies
Call people
Check points help mushers be prepared to go farther on the trail and eventually get to the end at Nome.
Once we are born we are also on a trail. Our trail is to live our lives and eventually get back to live with Heavenly Father. We have check points along our trail too! These check points are the principles and ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Some of these check points are: (hold up a map listing the following check points- you might want to start with the earth and draw foot prints from each check point until you get to the end- eternal life).
Faith in Jesus Christ
Repentance
Baptism
Gift of the Holy Ghost
Ordination to the priesthood for boys and men
Temple Ordinances
Sealing of Marriage
Each ordinance is a check point that helps us prepare to get to the next one. If we are obedient to each principle and ordinance they will safely lead us to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!
I'm thankful that I'm coming to a check point in my life. This week I get to be baptized! By being baptized I get closer to Jesus and Heavenly Father.
Miracles
9 years ago
1 comment:
Another GREAT talk!!!
Start writing that book, I'll be the first to buy it.
Congratulations Riley. How did you get to be eight already?
Love Eternally, Mom
Post a Comment