Monday, March 1, 2010

Power!

Bailey is at that awkward age where it's not real easy to sit on the potty. So, she holds my hands as she teeters on the edge of the "throne". The other day she was looking at my hands while "doing her business" and twirled the ring on my left finger around so she could see it. "Mom, that's your marriage ring!" Yep, I said, That means that I'm married to Daddy (of course, but we are talking to a barely 3 year old here.) Then she twirled the ring around on my right hand and exclaimed, "and that is your Power ring!". I chuckled a little bit and then realized how right and smart she was! To her the shield with three letters (CTR), which she doesn't know how to read yet, means POWER! She couldn't be more right on! The more we CTR (choose the right) the more power we gain in all avenues of life. The more power and influence we have for righteousness sake; weather it is in the simple walls of our home, the boundaries of our city, the limits of our country, or the circumference of our world, the better and happier our lives and the lives of others will become! Yes, CTR is POWER and I learned that from a 3 year old balancing on the potty! How profound, how POWERFUL!

1 comment:

desert mom said...

I love it!!!
Love to y'all