As I was reading Laurel's blog (being induced tonight) I had many wonderful hospital experiences cross my mind! The one that I think will go down in Hamilton history is just after
Jayden was born.
Kaylin had just turned three the day before and Randy brought her to the hospital in the afternoon the day
Jayden made his grand appearance. She came to see her Mom and her brand new sibling, a freshly new and unknown experience for her. As Randy walked into my room I was holding
Jayden while sitting on my bed. He lifted
Kaylin up onto the bed and she sat between my knees and gazed at the tiny little human in my arms. I began showing her all of his cute little baby parts......his tiny feet, his tiny hand, his tiny nose, his tiny ear etc., etc., etc. She seemed to be a little confused as to how he got there and why I was holding him. I explained to her that "I am his mommy, just like I am your mommy!" She thought for a minute, furrowed her brow and matter-of-
factly said, "NO.........YOU'RE MY MOMMY AND HE CAN GO GET HIS OWN!" My doctor was in the room 'cause he was so excited to see
Kaylin's reaction to her little brother. All together we just laughed! But, at the same time I felt so sorry for
Kaylin as she had obviously been pushed off of her
pedestal and she quickly became well aware of it! Poor kid, she's had that experience 3 more times now! But, just like me, she's going to be one awesome mom from all this experience!
2 comments:
Cute story!
That melts my heart. If only we could really know what's going through the little one's minds at times like that. Kaylin was so resilient and became a perfect big sister to all her siblings.
My Love to All
Post a Comment