Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Counting chains


Everyone watch out, I'm hitting the great world wide web!!! I figure with the kids heading back to school tomorrow I'd better learn something new too! So, I grabbed Kaylin and asked her "how does this thing work, how do you do it?" Two minutes later, here I am!!! Funny that I need to ask my 12 year old how to do something! Makes me laugh, I seem to remember being 12 once also and Mom asking me the same question! I guess what comes around, goes around! (P.S. Mom- you weren't so uneducated as I thought you were!) Kids seem to come smarter and smarter these days! I could swear that the "stuff" Kaylin was learning last year in 6th grade was what I was learning in 10th! It's a good thing that "they're the leaders of tomorrow" and not me! According to my sisters we'd be stuck forever in the 70's and 80's (they were awesome decades)!




Can I tell you how excited I am for school to start! I've even constructed one of those chains like the ones kindergarteners make to count down to Christmas! Only one link is left! One link until it is quiet from 9 am -4 pm; one link until my house stays clean for longer than an hour; one link until I don't have to say "how many times do I have to tell you to be quiet when your sister is sleeping"; one link until I can go shopping without everyone wanting to go with me; one link until I can potty by myself with only two kids banging on the door instead of five; one link until I don't have to make constant trips through the house to turn off all of the lights; one link until I don't have to listen to Hannah Montana or Sponge Bob or The Sweet Life of Zack and Cody for 26 hours a day (ok, so it was only 2 hours a day); one link until I don't have to hear "he did this, or he did that"; only one link left until I stand at the front window watching eagerly for the flashing yellow and red lights of the school bus to hug my kids when they get to the front door! Just one more link......I'm missing them already!!! Time to start a new chain!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Hey! I'm happy to see the blog being updated so often. And Carolee, welcome!! I love how blogging keeps me updated on family who live so far away...or maybe it's us that live so far away! Anyhow, I, too, am happy for school to start. With the morning sickness especially I am saying happy little thankful prayers for public school. I am hoping this goes away soon. Maybe a week or two more? Maybe?
xoxo

desert mom said...

THANK YOU! Although I must admit I have learned so much from all of you (my children) as you were learning. I don't know who came up with the saying, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" but who ever it was didn't have children. I marvel at what I've learned since you kids bought me that first computer so that I could have e-mail. Goodness, I had a hard time understanding what e-mail was. Now I wonder what I would do without it.

Love to all