Thursday, November 26, 2009

Black Friday Happiness!

As I sit here going through the "black friday" ads, I see so many things I'd really like to have but nothing that I need to have! That just reminds me of how very blessed I am! This last year I have come to realize just how much the little things in life make up the foundation of my happiness! Little messy faces are blessings of food when so much of the world goes without. Band-aids that calm a toddlers tears when there is no blood to cover, just a little "boo-boo". Water that pours from my faucet after not having any for a day (and not having to pump it from a well). Heat from a piece of wood we gathered during the summer to calm -10 degree weather outside. This is merely the beginning of the list!
Then I look around me and see the mess we have put into three rooms as we re-carpet the rest of the house. So much of what we have is really a stack of wants, so why would I want to run out at 5:00 am to add to the mess I'm going to spend the next month weeding through and clearing out? Since my happiness thrives on the little things of life, I'm going to spend the next year with the little things....Kaylin, Jayden, Riley, Britt and Bailey and all the memories we can pack together one day at a time without all the things that clutter life! Adios, Black Friday....the Hamilton's are going swimming!

3 comments:

desert mom said...

Enjoyed your blog Carolee. We have so much to be thankful for!!!

Please give my love to all.

Unknown said...

Bravo!

China Girl said...

Amen.