Riley had a talk in Primary today. The theme is "Prophets teach me how to strengthen my family". I thought it might be a good idea to share primary talks to make it easier for each other. We have a talk about once every three weeks (thanks to the Hamilton's being a majority of the primary kids). So, if you have any talks you'd like to share, Blog them our way! Here is Riley's:
Tools
The way to build a strong house is to use the right tools. Prophets teach us about tools to use to help us build strong families!
A tool belt- A tool belt holds the tools to build a house. It is like the scriptures that hold many stories that old prophets and new prophets teach us about families. Nephi was a prophet when Jesus visited the Nephites. He wrote the things Jesus taught. One thing he wrote is to pray in our families so we can be blessed.
A hard hat- These protect us from objects that might hit our heads. It is like the Holy Ghost who protects us from harm or sin. We have to listen carefully so we can hear him when he speaks to us. When we go on a trip we pray together as a family and ask for protection. If there are dangers, the Holy Ghost can whisper to any member of our family. When we follow we are kept safe.
Tools- a variety of tools are needed to build a house and a strong family. My family is strengthened by lots of tools like: Family Home Evening, family prayer, scripture study and discussion, attending church together, and helping each other be obedient.
I’m too young to build a house but I do have all the tools to help strengthen my family. I’m thankful that we have prophets who give us these tools!
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Tools
The way to build a strong house is to use the right tools. Prophets teach us about tools to use to help us build strong families!
A tool belt- A tool belt holds the tools to build a house. It is like the scriptures that hold many stories that old prophets and new prophets teach us about families. Nephi was a prophet when Jesus visited the Nephites. He wrote the things Jesus taught. One thing he wrote is to pray in our families so we can be blessed.
A hard hat- These protect us from objects that might hit our heads. It is like the Holy Ghost who protects us from harm or sin. We have to listen carefully so we can hear him when he speaks to us. When we go on a trip we pray together as a family and ask for protection. If there are dangers, the Holy Ghost can whisper to any member of our family. When we follow we are kept safe.
Tools- a variety of tools are needed to build a house and a strong family. My family is strengthened by lots of tools like: Family Home Evening, family prayer, scripture study and discussion, attending church together, and helping each other be obedient.
I’m too young to build a house but I do have all the tools to help strengthen my family. I’m thankful that we have prophets who give us these tools!
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
2 comments:
A GREAT talk. I love the comparisons. I know you did a super job Riley.
We are not nearly as creative with our talks. Of course our kids have only given 3 all together over the last 3 years. I guess our primary is a little bigger. ;0) What a great job he did, though. And I haven't checked in for a few days. The new loft and bedroom is fantastic!
Post a Comment