Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Try counting sheep!

Randy and I have a standing bet when we finally tuck ourselves under the covers at night......how long it will be until the first kid comes knocking at our bedside for oh, let's say a miriad of things.....water, a story, to go pee, etc. The long and short of it--they just don't want to go to bed! We kick ourselves knowing that we, at one time, bucked the "get to bed" issue too! What we wouldn't do for more sleepy time! Last night was kind of a record. It only took about two minutes until Riley's beady little eyes and sappy voice echoed from my side of the bed (why is it always Mom's side that gets rattled first?!)

Riley: I can't go to sleep!

Me: Why don't you count sheep?

Riley: (before I even finished my question) I've already done that.

Me: Well, try counting sheep backwards from 100.

Riley: I've done that too. It didn't work....it just makes my mouth tired and my eyes droopy!

Randy: Riley, if you don't go to bed you are going to have a mad Mommy and Daddy!

Riley quickly exited the room and Randy and I took an extra 10 minutes getting to sleep as we mulled over the connection between counting sheep and droopy eyes! We'll let you know what we come up with after we sleep on it!

2 comments:

desert mom said...

Oh, I know what you're talking about! And the mommy side of the bed, it's a magnet didn't you know that.
My Love to all

Anonymous said...

Moms side of the bed is a magnet and the funny thing is, we don't have children yet, but I have a puppy and when he wants to go outside and do his thing, he comes straight to myside! It is hilarious!